Integration and partnerships in your local area
The 9 Local Areas in the Port Phillip and Western Port Regional Catchment Strategy put a focus on distinct areas of the region, and explain how the themes come together and interact in each place.
The purposes of the Local Areas section is to:
- Recognise the significant differences between different parts of this large region
- Break the Regional Catchment Strategy down to sub-regional level so it is more meaningful and useful for local residents and communities
- Consider how many elements of natural resource management interact in each particular area
- Enable the vision, knowledge and priorities of local communities to be highlighted
- Promote the value of organisations and communities working together at local scale.
Each Local Area includes the following sections:
- Overview of the community and environmental values of the area
- Current condition of the environment and significant trends
- Major challenges and drivers of change
- Vision and targets for the future
- Organisations that support the directions of this strategy
- Priority projects that can help us move forward